Farmington was settled in the 1820's by William H. Engles of Virginia who operated a grist mill along the banks of the Farmington Creek. During this period the town was known as Engles Mill until Mr. Engles renamed the town Farmington. He saw the area as a farming community well suited to farming and raising families. Farmington was incorporated in the late 1940's with the majority of the city used for agricultural purposes.
One of the oldest and largest nurseries in the United States was based in Farmington. Stark Brothers Nursery was started in the late 1890's and continued for more than 70 years. Read on...
Farmington CodeRed Weather Warning and Emergency Notification Enrollment
Please click logo to register. If you need assistance or do not have internet access please contact Farmington City Hall at 267-3865.
Farmington "No Soliciting" Decals
Self-adhesive "No Soliciting" decals are available,
at no cost to Farmington residents, at the front
desk of Farmington City Hall.
This decal should be posted at the front entrance
of the residence, and by posting decal, any solicitor
or peddler has notice that soliciting or peddling at
this address is prohibited by City Ordinance.
Ordinance No. 2012-05 An Ordinance to Regulate Door to Door Solicitation at Private Residences in the City of Farmington and
for Other Purposes.
Solicitor/Peddler's Permit Information